FAQs - Details


What should be done when a sewer back up occurs?


There are two types of sewers: storm and sanitary sewers. These drains are handled as follows: If a blockage in the Town's main sewer line is suspected, call the Public Works Department at 836-6970, and they will dispatch a truck to clean out the line immediately. If the problem is in the service line between the citizen's house and the town's sewer line, the caller will be advised to call a private sewer cleaning service to have the sewer cleaned at their own expense. If there is any doubt where the backup is located, the town's Sewer Department will be dispatched to make that determination.

Contact Us

1005 Ridge Road
Munster, IN 46321
Get Directions

  • Phone: 219-836-6900
  • Staff Directory

Stay Connected: