Construction Complaints


Should a building/home owner experience problems with the quality of the work of a contractor, contact the Building Department with your concerns.  Hiring a contractor to make home repairs is a stressful, time consuming process that sometimes results in disputes between the consumer and the worker(s) for hire.  To promote fair and honest business practices in the Town of Munster, and to protect consumers, Munster requires all contractors working within the Town to:

  • Obtain and maintain a current contractors licenses registration with the Town.
  • Obtain and maintain insurance and proof of workman's compensation for any and all employees, if applicable. If not applicable, an exemption from the State of Indiana Workman's Compensation Board must be obtained.
  • State law requires that a Five Thousand Dollar ($5,000) bond, made out to "Lake County and all the Cities and Towns therein", must be recorded at the Lake County Recorder's Office, 2293 North Main Street, Crown Point, IN  46307, (219) 755-3730.

OPTIONAL:  For contractors working only in the Town of Munster, you can provide us with an original Five Thousand Dollar ($5,000) bond, made out to "The Town of Munster".  There is no recording process required.

Contact Us

1005 Ridge Road
Munster, IN 46321
Get Directions

  • Phone: 219-836-6900
  • Staff Directory

Stay Connected: